Wednesday, June 07, 2006

#9


Beings#1and#5, Hermitage Museum, S.Petersburg,Russia 2002

The way is very simple.There is a present momen. An awareness of existence. A sense of the oneness of all things. The connection we know as love. Silence, and wonder.
But being human, we seek order and meaning, and we try to keep busy. On the move, we feel alive. We hope to escape, at least prolong, our death. Easy, then, never to know life, never to know death.
Of late, my practice is relatively simple. I travel the roads and byways. I see, and I photograph. At home, sitting at my desk. I write a few words to the day. A meditation. These few things make a life. Eventually, I know, not even the need for these.
In the meantime, in the course of daily travel and repose, I practice a visual sociology. A visual sociology not of direct formulation, not for the testing of hypotheses, nor for the collection of data, but a practice in the living of a life...........
Richard Quinney

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home